|ZPacks™ Splash Bivy
The Splash bivy adds a small amount of warmth to your sleep
system, keeps insects at bay, and protects your sleeping bag
against dew, condensation, and light spray under a tarp
or minimal shelter.
It has a waterproof bathtub Cuben Fiber
floor, and Waterproof breathable Cuben Fiber at the head
and foot to block rain spray and protect from brushing
against a wet tarp. The top of the bivy is made from water-resistant, breathable
Pertex GL ripstop nylon so that you don't overheat.
Two sizes to choose from:
Weight - 6.4 ounces (181 grams)
Length - 84 inches (213 cm) - comfortable up to 6' 0" (182 cm)
Girth from shoulders to hips - 72 inches (183 cm)
Weight - 7.4 ounces (210 grams)
Length - 89 inches (226 cm) - comfortable up to 6' 5"
Girth from shoulders to hips - 82 inches (208 cm)
- Fully waterproof 1.0 oz/sqyd Cuben Fiber bathtub floor. The Cuben fiber floor has 6 inch (15 cm) walls
to protect against ground water.
- Water Resistant .75 oz/sqyd Pertex Quantum GL top is coated with DWR to help shed dew, condensation, and light rain spray to
protect your sleeping bag. The nylon top is highly breathable so
you don't overheat in warm weather. The nylon portion of the top is not
waterproof, it will soak through in prolonged exposure.
- The head and foot of the bivy are enhanced with
Waterproof-Breathable Cuben fiber to block rain spray and protect
from brushing against a wet tarp. There is a loop at both ends of
the zipper for lifting the head and/or foot for better air flow.
(The photos don't show the loop near the foot).
- The top zipper entry is easy to get in and out of, and easy to
open up for venting.
- The bivy will add some warmth to your sleep system- about as
much as sleeping with just a sheet at home. On hot summer nights
you may not need a sleeping bag.
- Sewn in face screen keeps insects out- or leave the face
zipper open when insects aren't present.
- A loop over your face allows you to raise the screen off your
upper body. Attach the included elastic cord to your tarp or to a
tree branch overhead.
- There are loops at the four corners and sides to secure the bivy to
your tarp to keep it in place.
- A small 5" x 6" Cuben Fiber stuff sack is included
in the price and weight.
- 1 year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship on
all ZPacks gear.
There may be a wait time for this item. Please see
the notice for shelters at the top of the page.
Click for larger image
Click for larger image
"Got my new bivy a week early, thanks loads. I am a pretty big
boy, 5' 8" and about 255 lbs. 50" chest and waist. The large
size is excellent for me. I got into it with my Neoair pad and
quilt and still had plenty of room. It was very comfortable and
the top material feels like silk. Also when you attach the
mosquito netting lanyard to the top of the tent it feels like
you are in a mini-tent and gets rid of any residual
claustrophobia. The sewn in mosquito mesh is great. Thanks for
the good product and fast service." -Chuck C.