|ZPacks™ Pertex Quantum Bivy
Weight - 5.8 ounces (164 grams)
Detachable screen adds - .8 ounces (23 grams)
Length - 7 feet (213 cm) - comfortable up to about 6'
2" (188 cm)
Girth from shoulders to hips - 72 inches (183 cm)
This Bivy has a water-proof bathtub Cuben Fiber floor,
combined with a water-resistant, breathable Pertex
Quantum GL nylon top. This bivy is great for protecting
against dew, condensation, and light spray under a tarp
or minimal shelter.
- Fully waterproof 1.0 oz/sqyd Cuben Fiber bathtub floor, with
taped floor seam. The Cuben fiber floor has 6 inch (15 cm) walls
to protect against ground water.
- Water Resistant .75 oz/sqyd Pertex Quantum GL top is coated with DWR to help shed dew, condensation, and light rain spray to
protect your sleeping bag. The nylon top is highly breathable so
you don't overheat in warm weather. The top is not
waterproof, it will soak through in prolonged exposure.
- Top zipper entry is easy to get in and out of, and easy to
open up for venting.
- The bivy will add some warmth to your sleep system- about as
much as sleeping with just a sheet at home. On hot summer nights
you may not need a sleeping bag.
- Detachable bug screen Velcros in place over your face and
chest. It clips at the bottom corners to keep it tucked in. To get
in or out just unclip one corner. The screen weighs .8 ounces (23
grams), bringing the total weight to 6.6 ounces (187 grams)
if the screen is used.
- A loop over your face allows you to raise the screen off your
upper body. Attach the included elastic cord to your tarp or to a
tree branch overhead.
- There are loops at the four corners and at the sides to secure the bivy to
your tarp to keep it in place.
- A small 5" x 6" Cuben Fiber stuff sack is included
in the price and weight.
- 1 year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship on
all ZPacks gear.
There may be a wait time for this item. Please see
the notice at the top of the page.
Click for larger image
Click for larger image
"I wanted to write to you and let you know how happy I am
with the bivy bag you built for me. I've been out several times
with it and absolutely have enjoyed every minute of it. I was
initially a little skeptical about how far the bug netting goes
down, but it is fine. The breathable fabric on top of the bivy
bag was a good call. Since I run so hot, it allows my bag to
breathe and so I'm not sweating inside of my bag." -Matthew